Panama City Beach serves up some of the best seafood in the world, and local restaurants feature freshly caught selections grilled, blackened, fried, sautéed or even raw. To get even closer to the source, visitors can stop by a local seafood market, which is a one-stop shop for chefs, fisherman, and seafood enthusiasts.
Restaurants in Panama City Beach follow a simple three-part formula that combines friendly service, casual atmospheres and fresh seafood to ensure that its guests leave completely satisfied. Whether it’s fresh grouper, jumbo Gulf shrimp, buttery blue crab, Cajun crawfish or oysters on the half shell, seafood lovers can find it all in Panama City Beach.
A sampling of seafood restaurants in Panama City Beach include:
- Bayou on the Beach Café & Oyster Bar offers Cajun cuisine, raw oysters, a full, bar, good music and a great time. Dinner specials include Royal Red Shrimp, Grouper Imperial, and Blackened Seafood Platter.
11115 Hutchison Blvd.
- Billy’s Oyster Bar & Crab House has something for everyone on its menu which ranges from appetizers to full dinners and is known as “The Local’s Favorite Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant” for serving only the freshest local seafood.
3000 Thomas Dr.
- Diego’s Burrito Factory has a selection of fish and shrimp tacos and burritos and also offers catering services. Guests can enjoy fresh seafood paired with one of their signature margaritas.
15514 Front Beach Rd.
- Dockside Seafood and Oyster House is Grand Lagoon’s newest restaurant offering expansive views of the area, a scrumptious menu which features fish right out of the Gulf and nightly live entertainment on the dockside patio.
5550 N. Lagoon Dr.
- Dusty’s Oyster Bar is a self-proclaimed hole-in-the-wall that shucks out thousands of oysters a day. Shuckers here have even won World Oyster Shucking Championships! Besides oysters, Dusty’s serves everything from Fried Green Tomatoes to buffalo wings.
16450 Front Beach Rd.
- Half Baked Oyster Bar serves up a variety of well-prepared, fresh oysters whether they are raw, fried or baked. Other seafood favorites include scallops, shrimp, and Alaskan white fish.
2920 Thomas Dr.
- J. Michael’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar has been under the same owners and management since 1976, making it seafood fixture in Bay County. J. Michael’s is famous for being a little Southern, a little Creole and offering a lot of hospitality.
3210 Thomas Dr.
- Mike’s Café & Oyster Bar was originally opened in 1986 as a diner but expanded into an oyster bar in 2011. The café serves all the breakfast favorites and the oyster bar serves freshly steamed or fried seafood.
17554 Front Beach Dr.
- Paradise Bar & Grill is one of Panama City Beach’s newest restaurants located directly across from the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort and just steps away from the famous sugar white sand beaches.
17458 Front Beach Rd.
- Sandbar Seafood & Deli takes great pride in its oysters as they are pulled directly from the Gulf and opened by hand in-house. Sandbar also offers Panama City Gulf shrimp brought fresh from the boat to the restaurant daily.
275 S. Hwy 790
- Surfside Shrimp Co. sells their oysters by the bag, shrimp and crab by the pound and beer by the bottle to ensure its customers a great time full of delicious food and beverages.
5510 Thomas Dr.
From Fine Dining to Fish Tacos
- Boars Head Restaurant and Tavern is known for its seafood dishes and world-class steaks, including Yellowfin Tuna, Grouper, Scamp, Prime Rib, and their famous Special Filet. These entries, paired with an award-winning selection of wine, make for an unforgettable evening on the west end of Panama City Beach.
17290 Front Beach Rd.
- Bridge Span 14 is an organic restaurant run by a husband and wife team that serves hearty and healthy food made with love. Bridge Span 14 serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as organic juices and smoothies for any time of the day.
105 Carillon Market St. Suite 101
- Capt. Anderson’s Restaurant has been owned and managed by the Patronis family for generations. They work directly with fishermen, oystermen and others who make their living harvesting the Gulf and Bay waters to preserve the natural oyster beds of Apalachicola Bay. Known for serving more fresh seafood than any other restaurant in Florida, Capt. Anderson’s prides itself on preserving and replenishing the rich natural bounty of the Gulf Coast.
5551 N. Lagoon Dr.
- Finn’s Island Style Grill became famous for their blackened fish tacos, but other specialties, including their ahi-tuna, scallop ceviche, and breakfast wraps round out the menu and keep locals coming back day after day.
7220 Thomas Dr.
- is a favorite spot for special occasions or a romantic nights out. The venue has hosted country music stars, Heisman Trophy winners, and even the President of the United States! Whether it is fresh Gulf grouper, lobster, the artisan pizza, or sushi, Firefly takes pride in the quality of food and service they provide to its guests.
535 Richard Jackson Blvd.
- Hook’d Pier & Bar Grill offers beachfront dining beside the city pier, and fittingly offers a healthy selection of freshly caught seafood, along with burgers, salads, and specialty drinks.
16201 Front Beach Rd.
- Pelican’s Bar & Grill is accessible by foot, boat, kayak or wave runner and welcomes its guests to enjoy the beautiful St. Andrews Bay at Bay Point Resort. Pelican’s offers a relaxing dockside atmosphere and a variety of snacks and beverages. Pelican’s is a truly unique restaurant serving up breathtaking scenery, cold drinks, and good food.
4114 Jan Cooley Dr.
- Pompano Key is home to one of Panama City Beach’s most famous chefs, who has served presidents and Olympians, and at Pompano Key Chef Paul mixes fine-dining entrees with a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere.
10292 Front Beach Rd.
- Saltwater Grill is known for the 25,000 gallon tropical saltwater aquarium that forms a centerpiece for the dining room and Mermaid lounge, but it’s the exciting seafood selections, along with great steak, lamb, desserts and martinis that make it one of the best restaurants in town.
11040 Hutchison Blvd.
- Schooners Last Local Beach Club is a casual, open-air getaway right on the beach serving up fresh seafood, ice-cold beer, live music, and a daily sunset celebration.
5121 Gulf Dr.
- Sharky’s Beach Front Restaurant & Tiki Bar is the place to go for fresh seafood, live entertainment and spectacular views of Panama City Beach. The outdoor deck hosts live bands and serves local seafood, oysters and other popular dishes.
15201 Front Beach Rd.
- Anderson’s Seafood Market is the complete one-stop-shop for all things seafood. Anderson’s offers fresh seafood, ready-to-eat items, fishing supplies, cleaning and filleting services, as well as vacuum-sealing, storage, and shipment of “just caught” seafood.
5550 N. Lagoon Dr.
- Buddy’s Seafood is a retail seafood market and takeout steam bar that offers a variety of sizes of wild caught Florida shrimp that is also steamed and seasoned to order. Buddy’s offers many types of fish including Scamp, Red and Black Groupers and Snappers, Yellow fin Tuna and others per local availability.
111 S. Highway 79
- Cardenas Seafood Market is a seafood market superstore with over 100 fresh seafood items to choose from. Cardenas carries the freshest local seafood available, including a wide variety of local shrimp and fish such as grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, flounder, tuna, amberjack and more.
2810 Thomas Dr.
- Shrimp City Seafood has been serving the locals and tourists for over twenty-seven years. Selection of seafood includes but is not limited to fresh shrimp, oysters, crab legs, grouper, snapper, craw fish, and tuna. Shrimp City Seafood also carries fresh crab meat, smoked lobster dip, cocktail sauce and everything else needed to prepare delicious seafood at home.
3016 Thomas Dr.
- Treasure Island Seafood Market This dockside market offers a great selection of seafood along with all the right fixin’s and spices.
3603 Thomas Dr.
For information on Panama City Beach and its restaurants, call 1-800-PCBEACH or visit the official website of the Panama City Beach CVB at http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.