Tourist Development Council
The Bay County Tourist Development Council (TDC) contracts marketing and promotional activities with the Panama City Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB).
The TDC is comprised of nine members appointed by the Bay County Board of County Commissioners. Three of the members are collectors of the tourist development tax; three members represent a tourist-related business; and three members are elected officials.
TDC and CVB activities are funded by the Tourist Development Tax (TDT). Read more about the tax and view the tax revenue analysis below.
The TDC Board meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Please see below for scheduled meetings (and agendas and minutes, as available).
- January 12, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- February 9, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- February 23, 2016 2:00pm at City Hall
- March 8, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- April 4, 2016 10:30am at Bay District Schools
- April 12, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- April 26, 2016 at 8:30am at City Hall
- May 10, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- June 14, 2016 9:00am at PCBPD
- June 23, 9:00am at City Hall
- July 12, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- August 9, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- August 23, 2016 at 1:30pm at City Hall
- September 13, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- September 27, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- October 26, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- November 08, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- December 13, 2016 9:00am at City Hall
- January 4, 2017 9:00am at City Hall
- January 19, 2017 9:00am at City Hall
- March 13, 2017 9:00am at City Hall
The Tourist Development Tax (commonly referred to as the “bed tax”) funds the marketing and promotional activities performed by the Panama City Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau. The tax also is used for beach cleaning and grooming, product improvement, and beach renourishment. To find out more information on the Tourist Development Tax, contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 850-747-5226. Click here to go to the Bay County Clerk of Court's website.
Each month the Clerk of Court prepares a statistical and graphical report of Tourist Development Tax collections that is presented at the TDC meeting. These reports can be downloaded below.
Fiscal Year 2016
Fiscal Year 2015
Use the links below to download PDFs of presentations made at TDC meetings.
(Preliminary) 2015 Visitor Survey Update, Berkley Young (Jan. 12, 2016)
Bay County Tourism Update, Dan Rowe (Jan. 12, 2016)
2016 Summer Campaign, Jayna Leach (April 12, 2016)
Additional Budget Recommendations, Jayna Leach (May 10, 2016)
(Preliminary) 2016 Visitor Survey Update, Berkley Young (January 19, 2017)
2017 Planning, Luckie (January 19, 2017)
Sports Park Management RFQ
Click here to view the Panama City Beach Sports Park Management Agreement RFQ with Exhibits.
To learn more about Bay County, check out Destination Bay...it's more than you imagined!