The white sand beaches and emerald green waters of Panama City Beach are now easier to visit with the new Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, increasing accessibility for attendees from across the United States.
Meeting planners have several conference resorts to choose from, and with over 16,500 rooms available for short-term rental throughout Panama City Beach, groups of any size and budget can find the perfect fit here. Accommodations options include cozy beach cottages, church retreats, campgrounds and RV parks. Luxury beachfront resorts and condominiums offer one to three bedrooms, gourmet kitchens, and private balconies provide spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico - always a favorite with visitors. Family-friendly resorts offer on-site restaurants, spas, fitness centers, water parks, "dive in" movies to watch poolside, comprehensive children's programs and more.
Selection of Properties:
• Holiday Inn Resort - Productivity and pleasure co-exist on the Gulf Coast at the resort's beachfront SeaWatch Conference & Entertainment Center. The three-story center offers an additional 4,000 square feet of fully enclosed meeting space, featuring moveable, floor-to-ceiling, glass walls on the east, south and west sides, providing panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Amenities include 14-foot ceilings, high-definition projectors, four 50-inch plasma screens, high-quality Polycom technology, as well as wired and wireless Internet access. After a long day of meetings, guests can enjoy a martini while watching a glorious sunset from the upscale lounge on the facility's top floor.
• The Boardwalk Beach Resort & Conference Center - Boardwalk Central, a 254-unit luxury condominium tower, features the finest one, two and three-bedroom suites available on the Gulf Coast with a wide range of features and amenities. Inside, the 24 story tower adds another 3,500 square feet of meeting space to the resort, plus a guest activity area with wide-screen TV and year-round programs for children and adults; a high-tech boardroom for meetings; a convenience store; and a video arcade. Additionally, a fitness facility, steam room, and sauna are also part of this new facility. The tower is connected by the signature boardwalk to the resort's 35,000-square-foot convention center complex. For those who prefer to be outdoors, the 9,000-square-foot Sunset Pavilion deck presents a splendid panoramic of the beach.
• Bay Point Wyndham - Overlooking the beautiful St. Andrew Bay, Wyndham Bay Point is another comprehensive option for meetings. With 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including grand ballroom space, 355 guest rooms, and the 12,025 square foot Serenity Spa at Bay Point, the resort offers a highly-skilled catering staff that will fulfill all expectations with distinctive service and attention to detail. Bay Point also offers plenty of options for golfers with two 18-hole PGA Championship golf courses, including the only Nicklaus-design course in Northwest Florida.
• Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort - Edgewater offers more than 32,000 square feet of flexible event space in its conference center. This includes the 13,365 square-foot Grand Palm Ballroom, which seats up to 2,000 attendees theatre-style. Spanning more than 110 acres of beachfront property, the resort features approximately 500 full-service one, two and three-bedroom suites. Visitors have access to a half-mile of private beach and 11 pools, including the celebrated 11,000 square-foot, Polynesian-style Lagoon Pool. Additional amenities include: a new splash pad for the kids, a nine-hole executive golf course, massage services, tennis and basketball courts and fitness center as well as preferred access to Hombre Golf Club's 27 holes of championship golf. The resort also offers a business center, Gulf front restaurant, free wireless internet in various parts of the property and Edgie's Corner Market serving Starbucks® coffee.
• Majestic Beach Towers - Situated on 660 feet of beachfront on the Gulf of Mexico, this resort offers a grand Majestic Ballroom with 5,460 square feet of meeting space and the ability to accommodate up to 550 people theatre- or banquet-style. A separate, state-of-the-art amphitheatre can accommodate up to 125 attendees. Resort amenities include fitness center, tennis courts, massage services, on property dining (seasonally) and The Majestic Market serving Starbucks® coffee.
• Paradise Palms, A Seaside Convention Center - The Sago Center, otherwise known as the Convention Center at Paradise Palms, is one of the area's largest meeting facilities located directly on the beach. The property has multiple room set-ups to accommodate groups of all sizes for business expositions, trade shows, conferences and family reunions. Approximately 15,500 square feet of space is available.
• Shalimar Retreat & Conference Center - Shalimar's campus is specifically designed to keep the group together with engaging amenities to also keep everyone entertained. An auditorium with capacity for 700 has a 40-foot stage is equipped with an LCD projector. Fifteen additional meeting spaces can accommodate up to 30 people. High-speed wireless Internet access is available throughout most of the campus. Other amenities include restaurants, two swimming pools, volleyball and basketball courts, access to water sports and more.
• Sleep Inn & Suites - The Palms Conference Center is located in the center of the 4.5-acre property next to the hotel. It is outfitted with hard-wired and wireless Internet, built in projection screening, conference phone system and the latest technology to handle the most sophisticated meeting needs.
A Beach for Business...and Pleasure
When it's time to break from the boardroom, Panama City Beach has meetings and events groups covered. Located in the heart of town across from the City Pier, Pier Park spans roughly one million square feet, making it Northwest Florida's largest shopping, dining and entertainment venue. This open-air lifestyle center houses restaurants and stores comprising a colorful mix of popular national chains and local boutiques and eateries.
Pier Park's offerings include: Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Pompano Joe's, Dillard's, Target, J.C. Penney, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Old Navy, Panera Bread, The Back Porch Restaurant and Hofbrau Beer Garden. Fashion and beauty retailers include Ann Taylor LOFT, Chico's, ULTA Beauty and dozens of one-of-a-kind boutiques. Additionally, the IMAX Grand 16 Theatre at Pier Park was recently retrofitted to offer the high-tech sensory experience with the latest IMAX 3-D films.
In October 2011, the Panama City Beach Conservation Park opened, providing eight boardwalks and 24 miles of trails showcasing the coastal community's breathtaking natural environment. Gayle's Trails connects the Conservation Park trails to other paved trail systems throughout the beach, honoring one of the project's visionaries, Mayor Gayle Oberst. Similar paths already exist across Panama City Beach and the plan is to link them together into a congruent system that will stretch across the county.
Additional recreational opportunities abound for team building outside of the meeting room. Favored activities include fishing, boating, golfing, sightseeing excursions, boat & waverunner rentals, parasailing, snorkeling, diving or re-charging at a rejuvenating spa. For additional information on recreational offerings in Panama City Beach, please see our dedicated reports on water sports, golf and nature.