- Start a new tradition making Panama City Beach your "Beach Home for the Holidays." Panama City Beach is hosting fun and family-friendly events from Thanksgiving weekend and lasting through the annual Beach Ball Drop on New Year's Eve and into 2016. With free musical entertainment, excellent holiday shopping, and lower lodging rates in a variety of categories ranging from condos to beach houses, Panama City Beach is striving to be America's beach home for the holidays.
"Fun has no off-season in Panama City Beach, and we strive to host a number of exciting events throughout the entire year," shares President and CEO of Visit Panama City Beach. "We're giving our guests an excuse to come celebrate at the beach this holiday season."
Panama City Beach will be aglow and full of festive sights and sounds throughout the holiday season. Events taking place in Panama City Beach during Beach Home for the Holidays include local restaurants serving up a Gulf-fresh twist on traditional Thanksgiving meals, free evening concerts, bonfires complete with s'mores and hot chocolate, and plenty of holiday cheer.
A few highlights of Beach Home for the Holidays include:
• John Berry's Christmas Concert, Nov. 27, 2015
A holiday concert at Aaron Bessant Park featuring John Berry and a very special Christmas Tree Lighting of the 100 foot tall decorated pole that will lower a giant beach ball to count down New Year's Eve.
• Panama City POPS Orchestra, Nov. 28, 2015
An evening full of holiday cheer at Aaron Bessant Park featuring the Panama City POPS Orchestra and a grand display of fireworks framed behind the stage.
• Panama City Beach Marathon, Dec. 5, 2015
The inaugural Panama City Beach Marathon will be a great race for runners of all experience levels, featuring a flat course with wonderful beach views.
• New Year's Eve Beach Ball Drop, Dec. 31, 2015
Ring in the New Year with a family-friendly celebration. Panama City Beach celebrates with an 8 p.m. countdown for the kids, complete with fireworks and 10,000 inflatable beach balls dropped from nets stretched over the streets of Pier Park. There's more music and fun on the way to midnight, when a giant beach ball is lowered as the crowd counts down to the New Year.
•Biggest Loser RunWalk Half-Marathon/5k, Jan 3.
Meet stars from NBC's "The Biggest Loser," and start or finish a healthy resolution at the Biggest Loser RunWalk's premiere event. This event is health focused, and a very supportive, non-competitive environment (although official timing is offered). Choose the half-marathon or 5k option - enjoy live music and fun along the way!
For more information on Panama City Beach and Beach Home for the Holidays 2015, call 1-800-PCBEACH or the official website of the Panama City Beach CVB at http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.