Visit Panama City Beach (TDC) has assembled hurricane-related materials to assist our tourism partners with providing accurate and timely information that will allow you to make the most informed planning decisions possible. We encourage you to review these materials and links that will keep us all informed and connected prior to, during and post a storm event in Bay County.
In the event of a hurricane, the TDC will be sending updates with relevant information.
Hurricane Related Materials and Links:
- Panama City Beach Businesses Facebook Group
- Bay County Businesses Facebook Group
- Visit Panama City Beach Partner Account (To receive information and alerts from Visit Panama City Beach) (Login or apply if you do not currently have an account)
- Sign Up for AlertBay (Emergency Notification System for Bay County)
Prepare - Continuity of Business Planning & other resources
- Ready.gov - preparedness planning for your business
- Open for Business
- Florida Department of Commerce Resources
- Bay County Disaster Preparedness Guide
- Visitor FAQ’s on travel during Hurricane Season
- Weather Updates Link: (NOAA / NWS)
(At the Start of Storm Season): The TDC will send out a pre-season update to encourage partners to confirm and update their contact information on the TDC’s partner extranet; to update their Continuity of Business Plans; to register with FloridaDisaster.biz; and other resources.
(Before a Storm): The TDC will start weather / storm related communication via partner website portal, Eblasts & Business Facebook Page, once Bay County is considered in the “National Hurricane Center’s Track Forecast Cone”
(During a Storm Event): As the storms allows, the TDC will continue sending alerts and updates through its establish channels, including the Panama City Beach Businesses Facebook Group
(Post Storm Event / Recovery): TDC will post storm related communication through its established channels, including housing requests for essential personnel and emergency responders.
Additionally, the TDC encourages partners to provide damage assessments to the TDC and to FloridaDisaster.biz.
If you receive media requests at any time during a storm event, please send the requests to the TDC’s communications team at PR@visitpanamacitybeach.com.