Media Guidelines for Press
Thank you for your interest in a visit to America's REAL.FUN.BEACH. destination! The Panama City Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau receives numerous requests from media, so in order to best serve you, we ask that you review the following guidelines and procedures when submitting your request:
- Complete the Media Assistance Form located here.
- We encourage media to contact us at least two full weeks prior to expected or requested travel dates, so that we may adequately prepare for a successful visit. Once credentials have been verified, we will begin coordinating arrangements with our area partners. If less than two weeks notice is given, we will attempt to assist the journalist in every way we can; however, as we rely on our industry partners for media rates and special arrangements, we cannot guarantee that short-notice requests for assistance will be fully accommodated.
- Hospitality offers that are extended to media (i.e. accommodations, dining, attraction passes, etc.) are provided at the discretion of our industry partners and cannot be guaranteed for each visit. If media professionals cannot accept comps, a media rate will apply. All requests are subject to availability.
- Journalists should provide a letter of assignment on official letterhead from the media outlet they are representing. If freelance journalists do not have a letter of assignment, they must provide three travel-related articles written within the last two years.
- The Panama City Beach CVB requests a copy of the original article or DVD of broadcast coverage of all Panama City Beach travel articles that are produced.
Please note: Our purpose is to assist the media; therefore, our industry partners may not be able to accommodate spouses, children or guests of the journalist in all cases. If journalists require special assistance for any reason, please alert the CVB as soon as possible so that proper arrangements can be made.