Celebrate Mardi Gras in Panama City Beach
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla., January XX, 2017 – Combining the excitement of an authentic Mardi Gras celebration with spectacular views of white sandy beaches and emerald water, the Panama City Beach Mardi Gras & Music Festival is fun for the whole family. The two-day, fun-filled event includes parades, costume contests, fireworks and thrilling live music on Feb. 9 - 10, 2018 at Pier Park and the Aaron Bessant Park Amphitheater. Live entertainment at this year’s free, family-style festival features a headlining musical performance by New Orleans legend Aaron Neville, along with a return of the popular Krewe of Dominique Youx parade, an annual favorite.
“Mardi Gras is always one of the most festive weekends of the year at Panama City Beach,” shares President and CEO of Visit Panama City Beach Dan Rowe. “With an all-star lineup of New Orleans musicians performing this year, this event is another wonderful opportunity to invite families back to the beach and make new memories.”
Below is a schedule of events for the Panama City Beach Mardi Gras & Music Festival. For more information and to view a video of last year’s festival: www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.
Friday, Feb. 9
- 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. Float Tours
- 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. Kids’ Fun Zone
- 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. Festival Village
- 5:00 – 5:20 p.m. Opening Remarks and Kids’ Costume Contest
- 5:20 – 6:00 p.m. Kids’ Parade
- 5:45 – 6:15 p.m. Second Line Parade
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Live Entertainment featuring Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band
- 7:30 p.m. Fireworks
Saturday, Feb. 10
- 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Mardi Gras 5K
- 11:00 – 5:00 p.m. Kids’ Fun Zone
- 11:00 – 7:00 p.m. Festival Village
- 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. Live Entertainment featuring The Dirty Dozen Brass Band at the Aaron Bessant Park Amphitheater.
- 1:30 – 3:45 p.m. Live Entertainment featuring Aaron Neville at the Aaron Bessant Park Amphitheater.
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Live Entertainment featuring Waylon Thibodeaux “Louisiana Rocking Fiddler” at Celebration Stag
- 4:15 – 5:45 p.m. Krewe of Dominique Youx Mardi Gras at the Beach Main Parade
- 5:45 – 6:45 p.m. Live Entertainment featuring Vince Cance & the Valliants at Celebration Stage
- 7:00 p.m. Fireworks