PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla., January 24, 2020 – Laissez les bons temps rouler in Panama City Beach for the annual Panama City Beach Mardi Gras and Music Festival, taking place February 21-22, 2020 at Pier Park. Situated just steps away from the sugar-white sand beaches and emerald-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico, this authentic two-day Mardi Gras celebration is a treat that the entire family can enjoy.
“Held the weekend before Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras in Panama City Beach is always one of the most festive events of the year and exemplifies what it means to be the Real.Fun.Beach,” shares President and CEO of Visit Panama City Beach Dan Rowe. “We look forward to welcoming locals and visitors, both new and seasoned, to create lasting memories at the 2020 Mardi Gras and Music Festival.”
This free event will feature the Krewe of Dominique Youx’s Mardi Gras at the Beach Parade, live music, a costume contest, fireworks, a 5K run, arts and crafts, caricatures, face painting and more. Enjoy this year’s music headliner, Blood, Sweat & Tears and Victor Wainwright & the Train as they perform at Aaron Bessant Park, as well as other notable acts like Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band and Dukes of Dixieland at the Celebration Tower stage in Pier Park.
The 2020 Panama City Mardi Gras and Music Festival will feature the below itinerary.
Friday, February 21
- 4:00-6:30 p.m. Float Tours
- 4:00 p.m. Kids Fun Zone/ Festival Village
- 6:00 p.m. Kids Parade
- 6:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 6:30 p.m. Kids' Costume Contests
- 7:00 p.m. Second Line Crawl Parade
- 7:30 p.m. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Dukes of Dixieland
- 8:30 p.m. Fireworks
Saturday, February 22
- 8:00 a.m. Mardi Gras 5k/Fun Run
- 12:00 p.m. Kids Fun Zone/Festival Village
- 12:00 p.m. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Victor Wainwright & the Train
- 1:30 p.m. HEADLINER: Blood, Sweat & Tears
- 3:00 p.m. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Heat & the Zydeco Gents
- 4:15 p.m. Krewe of Dominique Youx Mardi Gras at the Beach Main Parade
- 5:45 p.m. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band
- 7:00 p.m. Fireworks
This event is free and open to the public. For parking information and to view a map of the parade route, visit https://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/mardi-gras/.