PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla., June XX, 2018 – At the end of a record-breaking spring, Visit Panama City Beach is looking ahead to summer with plans for new developments that will continue to enhance the destination. From a 200-foot observation wheel in Pier Park to a world-class Sports Park, Panama City Beach plans to add to its growing reputation as the ultimate year-round destination for families with a collection of exciting new ventures.
“We’re thrilled for all of the development coming to our destination this summer and beyond,” shares Visit Panama City Beach President and CEO Dan Rowe. “We look forward to continuing to celebration our position as a year-round destination with a variety of new accommodations and attractions debuting in Panama City Beach this season.”
Below is an overview of new developments occurring in Panama City Beach this summer:
- Summer 2018 will see the grand opening of Skywheel, an observation wheel that will rise more than 200 feet above the Gulf of Mexico. Located in Pier Park, this Ferris wheel-style attraction will give riders 360-degree panoramic views of Panama City Beach from the safety of a climate controlled, glass-enclosed gondola. At the bottom of the structure families will be able to enjoy a ropes course, three-story zip line, miniature golf course and refreshments.
- St. Joe and Key International, a real estate and investment firm, plans to jointly develop, design, construct and operate a resort hotel located with Pier Park. This six-acre, 250 room resort will be located east of the popular Pier Park outdoor shopping center, and steps from the City Pier.
- A world-class Sports Park has recently been given final approval and is slated to break ground in June. This complex will include a number of rectangular and multi-purpose sports fields, baseball diamonds, a vending row and a boardwalk where families can relax. Once completed it will be one of the largest complexes of its kind in the Southeast and a welcome home for all kinds of sports tournaments.
- A 200-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott will open in 2018 and include a lazy river and more family-friendly amenities. The beachfront property is poised to be a favorite for families as well as business travelers seeking a little fun and sun on the job.
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen has announced plans to open in a new 15,000 square-foot building near Dave and Buster’s at Pier Park. This will be the first Florida location for the restaurant offering a variety of southern food, including Deen Family recipes like Paula’s Southern Fried Chicken and Grandmama Paul’s Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Work is expected to be completed this summer on a remodel of Saltwater Grill. The restaurant, known for its large saltwater aquarium and nightly piano bar, will be redesigned around a Bermuda theme. The dining room will be enhanced, the existing courtyard incorporated into a new covered loggia, and covered seating added for the outside bar.
- , a new fast-food restaurant focused on heath-conscious options recently opened at Pier Park. Offering nutritional and customizable menu options with high quality ingredients for dietary preferences and tastes of all types, Freshii is a new favorite for both visitors and residents of Panama City Beach.
For more information on Panama City Beach visit www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.
For a collection of high res. images of Panama City Beach, please see below:
About Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach is situated on 27 miles of sugar-white sand beaches bordering clear, emerald-green waters where the Gulf of Mexico and St. Andrew Bay converge. With 320 days of sunshine annually and attractions such as St. Andrews State Park and Pier Park, the region has long been favored by travelers seeking an affordable beach vacation with year-round offerings for families, couples, groups and adventure-seekers. These include championship golf courses, spas, sporting events, award-winning dining and diverse recreational activities. In addition, Panama City Beach’s Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport offers non-stop flights on Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines. For more information, call 850-233-5070 or visit the official website of the Panama City Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau at http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com. Live HD video of the world-famous beach is now available at http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/webcam/. Stay connected with Panama City Beach on Twitter (@Visit_PCB), Instagram (@Visit_PCB) and Facebook (@Visit_PCB).
Michael Hicks / Charlotte Park Jayna Leach / Catie Feeney
Lou Hammond Group Panama City Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
561-655-3836 / 843-371-1362 850-233-5070 / 850.233.5070