"We are delighted to present this festival over the long Columbus Day weekend which happens to coincide with the Canadian Thanksgiving," said Dan Rowe president and CEO of the Panama City Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau. "This annual event has become the perfect way for participants of all ages to enjoy our fantastic fall weather and embrace their inner pirate spirit."
Pirates of the High Seas Fest activities include:
Friday, October 11, 2013
• Run for the Treasure Packet Pick Up (10:00a.m.-7:00p.m. at Aaron Bessant Park)
Participants can pick up information for the pirate-themed Fun Run, 5K, 10K and Half Marathon. Registration closes on Thursday, October 10, 2013.
• Opening Ceremonies (6:00p.m.-6:15p.m. at Pier Park)
The Pirate Fest kicks off with a welcome from the Mayor of Panama City Beach and sunset conch sounding.
• Entertainment and Second Line Parade (6:15p.m.-8:15p.m. at Pier Park)
Live music on the Pier Park stage features Heat & Zydeco Gents Band. The Second Line Parade is a colorful Mardi Gras celebration for families and friends.
• Fireworks Show (8:15p.m.-8:25p.m. at City Pier)
A fireworks show launched from the City Pier is sure to excite the entire family.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
• Run for the Treasure (7:00a.m.-11:00a.m. at Aaron Bessant Park)
Landlubbers can stretch their legs at the pirate-themed Fun Run, 5K, 10K and Half Marathon starting at Aaron Bessant Park.
• Pirate Village (11:00a.m.-10:00p.m. at Pier Park)
The full day of fun offers true pirates a chance to show their swagger with adult and child costume contests, parades and live entertainment on the Pier Park stage.
• Fireworks (8:15p.m.-8:25p.m. at City Pier)
All pirates are invited to return for a second night of breathtaking fireworks over the beach.
Sunday, October 13, 2013
• Block Party (1:30p.m.-4:30p.m. at Pier Park)
Live music features DJ Alex Angelo, Timeflies and Emblem3 for a celebration of pirates everywhere.
• Beach Ball Drop (4:30p.m.-4:45p.m. at Pier Park)
More than 8,000 inflated beach balls will create a sea of excitement as they fall from the sky onto Pier Park Drive.
Exact times are subject to change. For more information on this year's festival and other special travel packages visit www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.